Posted by Paul, Homepage Editor
The redesign is the result of analysis and worldwide design and audience research and follows a new homepage on MSN in the United States and Brazil.
The new homepage has a simple and fresh design that fully integrates content from Microsoft’s new search engine Bing as well as a bold new search bar.
MSN Video Player, the site’s video on demand service where you can watch your favourite shows for free, plays right on the homepage for users with Silverlight.
The new page re-launch also adds new features, incorporated to strengthen the quality of the user experience with simpler navigation, faster download and clearer imagery and to showcase the exclusive and unique content that MSN publishes every day. These include:
• Social media – an integrated social networking section that means users can access and update Windows Live, Facebook and Twitter directly from the homepage
• More news – an innovative news info-pane, with top headlines, breaking stories and weird and wonderful tales from around the world
• Bigger and better Hotmail – Hotmail inbox from the homepage, allowing you to be updated when new mail has been received
• Larger images – a new slideshow at the top of the homepage that provides access to up-to-the-minute news, exclusive editors’ picks and the latest new videos at the click of a button. Sports, Cars and Money also have a new spot on the homepage, while the simple alphabetical navigation bar locates MSN channels instantly
• New brand – a sleek new MSN logo that has been rolled out across the UK site, synching up with the new global brand of MSN
• Content – all the best from user favourites, such as Entertainment, Life & Style, Tech & Gadgets, Shopping, Him, as well as personal essentials like Local, Weather, Horoscopes and stock market updates
• Video – the ability to watch clips from within the homepage, plus access to the latest HD videos and VOD with MSN Video Player
Take a look at MSN homepages over the years
Take a tour of the new homepage
What do you think about the new homepage? Please share your thoughts. Your feedback is important to us.